On this page we will advertise new vacancies.
New director for The Medieval Centre
Do you want to be the front person of a cultural organization that via live interpretation makes the Danish middle ages come alive?
Can you strengthen the commercial business and make The Medieval Centre visible in Denmark and abroad? Does it motivate you to be in front of a small group of permanent and project employees as well as a big group of volunteers, who all have a passion for historical interpretation?
Then you might be the new director of The Medieval Centre.
We are looking for a director who will be part of the future development of the authentic and living history based Medieval Centre on the islands of Lolland and Falster and transform it into an important cultural institution for both locals and tourists.
Your most important tasks:
- Overall responsibility for development and operation of The Medieval Centre
- Develop and implement a new strategy in an engaging process with a focus on further development and strengthening The Medieval Centre with respect for its foundation
- Keep an ongoing dialogue and preparation of applications for relevant funds
- Represent The Medieval Centre and make it stand strong among external partners
- Strengthen the co-operation with the other attractions in the local area
- Ensure that there is a clear division of responsibilities and a good work environment among the employees
- Increase self-financing significantly through development of activities and strengthened marketing
- Facilitate good co-operation between the permanent, project and seasonal employees and volunteers.
Perhaps you have an educational and experiential background in history and/or cultural interpretation combined with commercial experience in the field. We do expect you to have a relevant higher education.
You will approach the profile, base and organization with curiosity and you can challenge this in a respectful manner. You will have to be able to balance historical tradition with the commercial momentum and growth.
The full description of the job profile is in Danish and we do expect a foreign applicant to be willing to learn Danish. Link to the full profile and the application form: https://pluss.dk/da/ledige-job?hr=show-job/64485&locale=da_DK
Deadline for application 3. January 2021
Expected start: 1. Marts 2021.
The Medieval Centre is a living history site where volunteers are a big part of the interpretation. The attraction consists of the medieval town Sundkøbing, The Technology Park, The Magical Forest and the newly opened Griffenholm. The Medieval Centre has around 40.000 guests on a yearly basis.